Have you always wanted to learn the violin and play your favorite songs, but didn’t had the opportunity to do so?
Violin is one of the world’s most popular instruments and has been played for many people over hundreds of years. If you were inspired by violin players and their beautiful violin music, and wish you can find a teacher who can teach you to play like them… look no further!
Marcus has been giving violin lessons for adults for the past 9 years.
From the first adult violin lesson he has given to a 21-years old undergrad, he has taught adults from diverse backgrounds, such as national servicemen, working professionals, and even a mom of four teenage kids.
His adult students started violin lessons with various wishes:
- To fulfil their childhood dream of playing the violin
- They want to play the violin for their loved ones
- They want to learn and play with their child who learns the piano
- They simply love the violin
Whatever the reasons, you can be sure you are nearer to your dreams with the help of Marcus.
What you can expect from your adult violin lessons:
- Customized and flexible timings to fit your busy schedule
- Fun and enjoyable lessons to get you started
- Basic music theory and note-reading to build music foundation
- Usage of violin for lesson in class if necessary
- Of course, master your favorite songs!
Violin Lessons for Adults Details
Duration: 60 min per lesson, per week
Venue: At tutor’s or your home.
FAQ for Violin Lessons for Adult
1. I’m an adult beginner. Am I too old to learn?
No, you’re never too late to learn the violin! I understand why you will ask this question. Don’t worry, it is probably the most-asked question for adult learners. I have written a blog post to explain that it is never too late to learn the violin, and play well.
In fact, adult learners have certain advantages over kids in learning violin, such as longer concentration span, and better understanding and communication skills.
We have taught polytechnic students, undergrads, working professionals, and even retirees how to play violin, and even prepare them for exams (if they want!).
2. Does Marcus conduct lessons at his home studio, or in the east of Singapore only?
Marcus conducts most of his violin classes in his home studio in Pasir Ris (opposite Downtown East). He also gives lessons at students’ homes in the east, such as Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei, Tanah Merah, and Bedok.
If you stay outside of the east area of Singapore, don’t worry. Marcus also works with experienced violin teachers as well and interviews them extensively before inviting them to join his teaching faculty.
Marcus can refer to you violin teachers who can also give violin lessons in the North, South, West, and Central of Singapore.
3. I only want to learn the violin, without going for examinations. Is that possible?
Sure, that is possible. Violin examination is optional. All students will have to start with basics, before moving on to advanced levels of playing. In between levels, we may have opportunities for students to perform and help build their stage confidence.
4. I only want to learn 3 songs on the violin. Is that possible?
Yes. If you know some basics of violin playing already, Marcus can go ahead and teach you the 3 songs. Otherwise, you will have to learn the basic violin skills before moving to the songs.
More questions? You can contact Marcus via the contact form below. He will get in touch with you within 24 hours!